Share Your Time & Talents as a Volunteer at Equine Affaire
Do you want to earn free admission and work with great folks on a really exciting event? Then consider volunteering at Equine Affaire. Because of the size and complexity of Equine Affaire, we need the help of a lot of volunteers to ensure the successful production of the show. Volunteering at Equine Affaire can be a lot of fun because you are involved in the behind-the-scenes production, you work with a lot of fellow horse enthusiasts, and you’re part of a team effort!
As you know, Equine Affaire is all about horses, and there will be many horses on hand throughout the four days of the event. However, the work done by the volunteer staff involves working with horse people rather than horses. The jobs that volunteers tackle at the show include assisting with set-up and tear-down of the expo; distributing programs; assisting with clinic arena equipment; helping in the Equine Fundamentals Forum, and assisting in the Marketplace, Equine Affaire’s very own consignment shop; etc. These jobs may not seem glamorous, but they are essential to the production of the show.
To assist as a volunteer at Equine Affaire, you must be available to volunteer a minimum of one shift (a total of two hours) during the course of the event which includes set up and tear down days. The following is a brief outline of what we expect from our volunteers and what they receive in return:
- Each day of the show (including set-up and tear-down days) is divided into several four hour timeframes. It will be necessary for you to work two shifts (four hours) to earn two days of admission to Equine Affaire. It is not necessary for you to work both shifts in one timeframe You may work more than two shifts in one day and credit those shifts towards a four-day show pass. First time volunteers will be required to pay for their first day of admission and will be reimbursed upon completion of their first scheduled shift.
- It will be necessary to commit and work eight or more hours to earn a four-day show pass.
- As a special “thank you,” we will give to each volunteer who works eight hours or more an Equine Affaire souvenir item such as a t-shirt, cap, mug, or water bottle. (Souvenir items are determined before each event.)
- All volunteers are responsible for their own meals, travel expenses, facility parking fees, and accommodations. Limited beverages and snacks will be available in the Volunteer Office during event hours.
- Because of the nature of much of the work that volunteers are asked to do, we cannot accept individuals who are under 18 years of age for most volunteer positions. The only volunteer jobs available for younger volunteers (ages 12 – 17) are cleaning stalls, assisting with youth activities in the Equine Fundamentals Forum, and distributing programs at the gates. The Volunteer Coordinator may require a parent to accompany a young volunteer. Youth groups that are interested in volunteering should contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
- We make every effort to schedule volunteers so that they do not work during the times that they want to attend certain clinics or seminars, but there are no guarantees. We do our best to accommodate all scheduling preferences.
- All volunteers will be required to sign a release of liability form at the event.
Click here for Volunteer SIGN UP FORM
If you are interested in sharing your time and talents at Equine Affaire and working with our terrific staff of dedicated horse people, please consult the Clinic, Seminar & Demonstration Schedule and complete a VOLUNTEER SIGN UP FORM Your completed form can be faxed to (740) 845-2879, scanned and emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to:
Lori Helsel, Equine Affaire, Inc., 2720 St. Rte. 56SW, London, OH 43140.
Completed Volunteer Sign-up Forms must be received by September 27.
After September 27 we will review all forms and schedule volunteers according to job preferences and work shifts. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to schedule everyone who wants to volunteer in the exact task they request, so volunteers will be placed in the order in which they submit their sign-up forms. After shift assignments are made, we will send a confirmation letter that will provide the information needed to participate as a volunteer at the show and provide a work schedule, description of responsibilities, information on where to check in, event maps, and other pertinent information. If you have any questions about volunteering at Equine Affaire, please give us a call.
For more information about volunteering, please contact: