Health & Safety at Equine Affaire
Your health and safety are important to us and the community, and we have taken a number of steps to provide as safe an experience as possible at the 2021 Equine Affaire in W. Springfield, MA. In cooperation with public health officials Equine Affaire will abide by current Commonwealth of Massachusetts, City of West Springfield, and Eastern States Exposition’s health regulations and guidance.
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other virally transmitted diseases exists in any public space or event. By attending Equine Affaire, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, by voluntarily entering the Eastern States Exposition facility and Equine Affaire event, acknowledge, understand, and confirm the following:
- That you will make every effort to obey and abide by all Equine Affaire rules and regulations and health and safety protocols.
- That you are not currently exhibiting any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as outlined on the Center for Disease Control’s web site, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- That prior to attending Equine Affaire you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine or being fully vaccinated.
- That you are not under any self-quarantine directives.
If you have any of the above symptoms, are sick, or have been sick in the last 24 hours, please DO NOT ATTEND.
Protecting our guests & participants
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been established throughout the grounds for the duration of the event.
- Hand washing capabilities or hand sanitizer will be available at all transaction locations.
- Signage and public service announcements encouraging health and safe hygiene standards will be posted and broadcast throughout the event.
mask & vaccination policy
Effective May 29, 2021 masks are no longer required at the Eastern States Exposition for those who are fully vaccinated except under limited circumstances as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Masks will be required in the following areas regardless of vaccination status:
- First aid stations, including office areas, and any area in which first aid is being administered.
- Public Safety and other personnel assisting with first aid or similar emergencies.
All unvaccinated guests are encouraged to continue to wear masks while on the grounds of the Eastern States Exposition.
If you are sick or have been in the last 24 hours, please DO NOT ATTEND.
safety & cleaning protocols
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting has been increased in all public spaces including an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces to be wiped and sanitized in show buildings prior to the day, before the public enters, and frequently throughout the Equine Affaire event. Cleaning staff will clean surfaces, floors, handles, toilets and sinks and stock supplies in buildings and restrooms.
- A disinfectant product from the EPA List N that is effective against COVID-19 will be used for cleaning. If products on EPA List N: Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19), are not available, bleach solutions can be used if appropriate for the surface.
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC cleaning has been increased and the amount of air exchange will be maximized to increase external air flow into buildings.
- Ensure cleaning supplies availability goes uninterrupted.
- All buildings will have hand sanitizer stations placed in high traffic areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for ticket sellers and entry personnel.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected before and during each day.
- Proper health and hygiene reminders will be posted throughout all buildings including bathrooms.
- Show offices will be thoroughly cleaned prior to the event.
- Deep cleaning and sanitation of counters, registers, and customer service devices on a daily basis, including writing implements, pens and pencils.
- All retail vending and bank related items to be sanitized daily.
- All exhibitors are recommended to offer credit and debit card machines.
- All exhibitors must deep clean and sanitize high touch points, including but not limited to counters, registers and customer service devices including writing implements such as pens and pencils after each use.
- Visitors are encouraged to wash hands often, and signage in restrooms, entrances and other areas and public address announcements will serve as a reminder throughout the show.
- Visitors are encouraged to utilize hand sanitizer at transaction points and as often as possible throughout their attendance.
- All attendees will be encouraged to wear a mask when inside a building or if they have not been fully vaccinated.
- All attendees should be aware of where to report if feeling ill. Report to First Aid or inform a member of the staff.
- Employees must wash or sanitize hands frequently.
- West Springfield Fire, EMS and Police, First Aid, and Security will be provided with the proper PPE for their interaction with the public. Existing protocols for public safety operations will continue with heightened awareness for viral transmission.
- First Aid will have a containment room or isolation area for guests or employees with potential COVID-19 symptoms. The guest with symptoms and his/her party should be moved to the containment area for further assessment of individuals’ conditions.
- Use West Springfield EMS protocols to manage individuals with COVID-19 symptoms. Protocols will establish hospital transportation or release from the property with recommendations for private medical follow-up. Public transportation should not be used when leaving the property.
Equine Affaire, Inc. reserves the right to edit or modify any of the safety requirements contained in this document, at any time and at its sole discretion.
For more information about attending Equine Affaire, please contact us: