Selling Your Horse at Equine Affaire®
The 2020 Equine Affaire has transitioned to a virtual event. Join us online on November 12-15, 2020 for a Virtual Equine Affaire experience.
In short, Equine Affaire is a great place to sell a horse….as evidenced by the number of horses sold at previous events! With thousands of horse enthusiasts visiting each Equine Affaire, the show is the perfect place to find a buyer for almost any breed of horse. To bring horse sellers together with horse buyers, Equine Affaire features “For Sale” stalls in the Horse & Farm Exhibits area. These stalls are in-line stalls located amid the other Horse & Farm Exhibits stalls. Rental of a “For Sale” stall is only $150/stall and includes:
- Two four-day adult tickets to Equine Affaire per stall (a $100 value)
- A descriptive “For Sale” sign to post on the stall
- A free listing pre-event on equineaffaire.com that will provide the horse’s breed, age, gender, name, discipline, price, and stall location
- A one-line listing of stall number, horse owner’s name, breed of horse, and phone number or web site address in the event program distributed for free to adult attendees
- The opportunity to give interested adult customers the chance to test ride their horses in a schooling arena at the event.
Though Equine Affaire is a four-day event, horse owners who rent “For Sale” stalls do not have to participate all four days. They simply must commit to exhibiting for at least two days and specify in advance their date of arrival. Horse owners who rent “For Sale” stalls may also rent a tack stall next to their “For Sale” stall(s) for an additional $100 in order to store their bedding, tack, feed, and other equipment while at the show.
Selling your horse at Equine Affaire just makes sense . . . and the Horse & Farm Exhibits area is destined to become the region’s foremost marketplace for horses of all breeds and disciplines. Here are a few more things you need to know:
- “For Sale” stalls may be used only for horses that are for sale—not horses brought to the event for other purposes such as riding in a clinic or breed demo.
- The rental of any “For Sale” stall does not include bedding. Straw, shavings, and hay will be available for purchase on site or you may bring your own.
- A show veterinarian and farrier will provide services during Equine Affaire.
- Horses brought to Equine Affaire from outside of the State of Massachusetts will be required to be accompanied by a negative test result for equine infectious anemia (Coggins Test) dated within one year of November 8 and a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health papers) dated within 30 days of the date on which the horse arrives at the event.
- Any horse transported to the event from within the state of Massachusetts must be accompanied by a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health papers) dated January 1, 2020 or later.
- While not required, it is strongly recommended that all equines be vaccinated for rabies, tetanus, EEE/WEE, and Flu/Rhino within one year of the event.
- These documents must be presented upon arrival at Eastern States Exposition to the veterinarian who will be in the Barn Office during Equine Affaire.
- Horse owners renting “For Sale” stalls are not required to carry liability insurance listing Equine Affaire as an additional insured. However, Equine Affaire encourages all horse owners and exhibitors to contact their insurance companies to arrange for appropriate insurance to cover the risks associated with presenting horses in public.
All owners (or owners’ agents) of horses participating in Equine Affaire will be required to complete release forms provided by Equine Affaire. Similarly, anyone who rides or drives a horse at Equine Affaire will be required to complete a release form.
To book your stall, please fill out the Application and three liability forms below and return them to Karin Brennan.
2020 Massachusetts Horse & Farm Leaflet
2020 Massachusetts Horse & Farm Contract
2020 Massachusetts Exhibitor Rules & Regulations
2020 Massachusetts Equine Affaire Eastern States Exposition Waiver
2020 Massachusetts Equine Affaire Rules & Regulations
2020 Massachusetts Equine Affaire Hold Harmless Agreement
2020 Massachusetts Equine Affaire Waiver
2020 Massachusetts Equine Affaire C Barn Map
For more information about selling your horse at Equine Affaire, please contact: