Buy your tickets, book your hotel reservations, and prepare to experience the best of Equine Affaire.
Shake off those winter blues by making plans to attend Equine Affaire in Ohio this spring! On April 2-5, 2020, elevate your equestrian experience by attending Equine Affaire at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio. As North America’s premier equine exposition and equestrian gathering, Equine Affaire offers horse lovers the opportunity to spend four days surrounded by everything to do with horses, from clinics and educational demonstrations to barns filled with horse and farm exhibits to the largest equine-themed trade show in the Midwest. Tickets for Equine Affaire in Ohio are on sale now, so purchase your digital tickets online today at equineaffaire.com.
General admission tickets for adults are just $15/day or $50/four-day pass; for children ages 7-10, tickets are $8/day; for children ages 6 and under, admission is free. Spend your day browsing the trade show, visiting theme pavilions, cheering on your favorite riders in the Versatile Horse & Rider Competition, or learning all about horses from the many clinics, seminars and demonstrations that make Equine Affaire a top educational destination for horse lovers everywhere.
Tickets for Equine Affaire in Ohio are now digital, so after purchase, your electronic ticket will be delivered to you via email. Store your electronic ticket on your phone for scanning upon arrival or print at home and present your printed tickets at the gate. Hours for the event are 9 am to 7 pm, Thursday through Saturday, and 9 am to 5 pm on Sunday. Please note the Ohio Expo Center charges for parking.
All equestrians know the old saying: “There’s always something new to learn in the horse industry.” With a robust schedule of more than 200 educational sessions, Equine Affaire offers learning opportunities for equestrians of all skill levels and disciplines. At this year’s event, learn more about general training and horsemanship from Jonathan Field, Craig Cameron, Warwick Schiller, Tik Maynard and Lynn Palm. Other featured topics and clinicians include Lynn Palm (Western dressage), JR Robles (general training and colt starting), Jim Thomas (general training and horsemanship), Jonathon Millar (hunter/jumper), Jeremy Steinberg (dressage), Kevin Oliver (reining and trail), Kristin Weaver Brown (barrel racing), Liz Austin (dressage), Heidi Potter (Centered Riding®), Rick Christy (western horsemanship and hunter under saddle), Suzy Stafford (driving), Simon Cocozza (core strengthening and yoga for horses), Gary Lane (easy gaited horses), Sarah Track (saddleseat), Jerry Paulsen (equine assisted activities), Paul Garrison (mules), Heidi McLaughlin (overcoming fear), Maggie Herlensky (sidesaddle), Laura Benson and Carrie Brandt (Icelandics), the Young Guns Equestrian Drill Team (drill teams), and much more.
For visitors who are new to the horse industry, consider starting your day at the Equine Fundamentals Forum. The Forum features hands-on exhibits and fun educational displays about the basics of equine health care and management. Originally designed to help introduce kids to the wide world of horses, the Equine Fundamentals Forum has become dedicated to educating horse lovers of all ages, including adults.
And for aspiring equestrians, take part in the college/career fair on Saturday, which starts in the Equine Fundamentals Forum at 10:00am. Learn about equine-related careers, educational opportunities, and take part in a scavenger hunt throughout the event to win fun prizes.
Between clinics, browse Equine Affaire’s legendary trade show. Sprawling across five buildings and featuring more than 350 vendors, you’re guaranteed to find whatever you need (or want!) for you, your horse or that special equestrian in your life at Equine Affaire in Ohio. If you have tack or other horse-related items to sell, visit the Marketplace to consign your items for a small fee and then enjoy your day while the Marketplace staff sells your items. At the end of the day, come back by the Marketplace to collect the proceeds from the sale of your items. Or if a new horse is on your shopping list, browse the For Sale stalls in the barn or attend the Adoption Affaire to find your next horse. The Adoption Affaire features an array of adoptable horses of various breeds, ages and skill levels, and you can apply to adopt on the spot. Become part of a special horse’s adoption story by providing a loving home to a horse in need.
In addition to the educational seminars, Equine Affaire in Ohio will host an array of special events throughout the four-day weekend:
- Operation Horses and Heroes has partnered with Equine Affaire to offer A Horse for Heroes, which provides veterans, active duty and first responders the chance to interact with horses in a safe, inviting atmosphere and experience the effects of equine-assisted activities and therapies. Activities will take place Friday in the Bricker Annex from 1:30-3:00pm and on Saturday in the Cooper Arena from 1:00-2:30pm. To sign up, visit the Operation Horses and Heroes booth in the Breed Pavilion.
- Ride a Horse for the first time … or the first time in a long time! Equine Affaire has partnered with the Ohio Haflinger Association to provide opportunities for new and aspiring horse lovers to have their first encounter with a horse. Representatives of area horse farms and trainers affiliated with the Ohio Haflinger Association will provide basic instruction and seasoned lesson horses on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, April 2-4. Sign up in advance at the Ohio Haflinger Association booth in the Breed Pavilion.
- Mustang fans, don’t miss the Mustang TIP Challenge at Equine Affaire. During the Challenge, trainers will gentle untamed mustangs in the hopes of demonstrating each horse’s value and trainability in a competitive environment. The preliminary competition made up of 35 contestants will take place in the Cooper Arena on Friday, April 3rd, from 10 am-2 pm, with the finals taking place on Saturday from 3-5 pm.
- Equine Affaire has teamed up with the International Liberty Horse Association to feature a two-part liberty Invitational competition on Friday, April 3rd and Saturday, April 4th. Select trainers will highlight their talents with horses of a variety of breeds and backgrounds.
- For young riders (grades 4-12), the Interscholastic Equestrian Association Intensive Clinic offers a unique opportunity to see inside the mind of an IEA judge. The clinic will feature a judge’s perspective and offer tips for competing at IEA shows in both English and Western disciplines, as well as dressage. This clinic will take place on Sunday, April 5, from noon to 4 pm in the Cooper Arena.
- The Versatile Horse & Rider Competition will take place on Friday, April 3, at 1 pm in the Coliseum. This timed obstacle race tests the partnership and communication between horse and rider. Competitors may be asked to ride their horses under a balloon arch, sidepass down a piece of lumber, carry a barrel, or gallop around the arena dragging a parachute. Come prepared to cheer on your favorite horses and riders as they compete for top honors and $5,500 in prize money in this exciting event.
Finally, no day is complete at Equine Affaire until you’ve experienced the magic of Fantasia. Sponsored by Absorbine®, the Fantasia is Equine Affaire’s musical celebration of the horse. Every year, the Fantasia showcases an array of equestrian acts, from liberty and reining freestyles to drill team performances, comedy, driving, and much more. The Fantasia will take place Thursday through Saturday nights in the Coliseum. Ticket prices range from $14 to $25. Tickets go fast, so don’t wait. Purchase your digital tickets for Fantasia online at equineaffaire.com today.
Finally, make your hotel reservations for Equine Affaire early! Visit our list of host hotels, available online at equineaffaire.com, and mention Equine Affaire when you make your reservation to get a special discounted rate on your room. Round out your experience by joining the team! Volunteers for Equine Affaire receive free admission, so register with the Equine Affaire office by 3/1/20 to secure your spot. For more information about the event, host hotels or other details, call the Equine Affaire office at (740) 845-0085 between 9 am and 5 pm EST, Monday through Friday. We’ll see you in Ohio!